Assorted lovelies for your reading and viewing pleasure….offered up on a pretty blog platter!
I love learning and stretching my perspective; I love sharing what I find with others, and learning and stretching more in the process.
I offer up this virtual Sunday paper, filled with things I have read and enjoyed recently, in the spirit of learning and sharing.
And now, this week’s buffet of ideas….
Poetic Interludes: Meetings, Pine Trees, and Poetry: Anna K. Stewart beautifully dovetails creativity and her workaday life at On The Ink.
As an added bonus, this is my stepfather-in-law, Martin Gabbert, sharing his passion for creative blacksmithing – and a little bit of my husband’s childhood home, too!
- Brenna Dee Ceramics Portfolio: I’ve seen and purchased a few tiny pieces of Brenna McBroom’s early works. Now, she is potting with crystalline glazes. Lovely!
Lincoln High School in Walla Walla,WA, tries new approach to school discipline – suspensions drop 85%: As reported in ACES Too High News, this amazing new method is listening to the kids’ problems – many serious and not within their control.
Moscow Subway’s Stray Dogs: What to do when your shelter and the place you eat are miles apart? Become asubway-hopping canine, naturally! Behavioral evolution in progress.
The Problem with Punishment – L.R. Knost‘s book, Two Thousand Kisses a Day:Parenting Through the Ages and Stages is excerpted in this well-considered essay on why punishment doesn’t work.
22 Unbelievable Places that are Hard to Believe Really Exist:Bored Panda shares this truly exquisite set of photos. They inspire novel settings, for me – what do they inspire in you?
Hows and Whys:
How Unborn Turtles Choose To Become Male or Female;Joseph Bennington -Castro at io9 explores the movements and gender selection of turtle embryos. Warning – some turtle embryos were killed in this study.
Neanderthal Babies Weaned Early, Fossil Teeth Suggest:Gemma Tarlachat Discover Magazinedelves into the evidence suggested by the remains of one child.
Smiles and Laughter:
Discovered Documents: 044 “The Trouble With Tribbles”: This original David Gerrold Star Trek script, at Mission Log made me smile. But then, I love tribbles, Trek, and laughing.
Share your opinions, editorials, and ideas for future topics or articles in the comment receptacle below…and may the rest of your weekend be filled with restorative wonder!
- Sunday Sampler for June 9, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Sunday Sampler for May 19, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Sunday Sampler for May 5, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Baby Brains: A Recap of EDTalks Minneapolis (rasmussen.edu)
- Sunday Sampler for May 12, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Making Homeschooling/Unschooling Work (yahuahshomemaker.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Sampler for May 19, 2003 (shanjeniah.com)
- Off-Days and Unschooling (homespunkidz.wordpress.com)
- The Unschooling Pinterest Connection (suepatterson.wordpress.com)