For years, I’ve enjoyed sharing links to interesting things I find on Facebook and elsewhere. It satisfies my inner virtual librarian, and, best of all, there are never any late fees, and it doesn’t matter if you lose your card.
This is an extension of that pleasure, a sort of virtual Sunday paper with a variety of offerings for your pleasure…the topics may shift, depending on what I find most intriguing each week, but I will always offer a variety….if you will, a Sunday Sampler for your pleasure.
Browse a little, read an entry or two….or all of them….it’s up to you!
If you have ideas, articles, memes, or blog posts you would like to see here, or if you have feedback on this week’s posts, please remember to drop me a line before. I welcome your opinions, and I love when lively conversation sparks into being!
Learning and Exploration-
- The father of all men is 340,000 years old – Fascinating new information and chromosome pictures my kids loved exploring.
- Pluto’s Moon Named…Vulcan, Logically – There’s probably no need for me to explain this one….
- We’re so well educated – but we’re useless – Are we missing something in modern education?
- Facebook – Should We Use A Profile or a Page? Guest: Lisa Hall-Wilson – This spells out the answers to many questions….
- Why Settle for Your Reader’s Wallet When You Can Get in Her PANTS? – Kristen Lamb’s hilarious satire about over the top book advertising…
- Does Blogging Sell Books? Not Exactly. But Here’s Why You Should Do It Anyway.–For those wondering whether blogging will help book sales.
- How to Transfer a Blogger Blog to WordPress – Research provided by my eleven year old, because I needed to know how to do this. If you do, too, here it is!
- WANACon – What’s the Word from Attendees? – Jami Gold collected up all the random postings, and put them all here! Coolness!
- I never learned how to love children – The importance of unconditional love – and not only for children, but for ourselves.
- Be the One that Feels like Home –What is it that our children need from us, really?
- Having Babies: The Best Bad Idea Ever – Yes, having babies changes everything….often, in wonderful and unexpected ways.
- Fearlessness – Thich Nhat Hahn writes about being with our fears, until we understand them…
- 7 Tips to Challenge Perfectionism: Enjoy More and Worry Less – Perfectionist tendencies? Why not have some fun?
- How Resisting Causes More Pain: Accept and Help Yourself Heal – What happens when we stop resisting life as it is, and accept what is.
- Sunday Snippets – A Catholic Carnival (catholicalcoholic.com)
- Trusting Changing Rhythms – ROW80 Update, March 6, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- An Eden Jefferies Mashup: Rise of the Dandelions (idiosyncracie.com)
- Evernight’s Valentine’s Snippets Blog Hop and #Giveaway (bexbooknook.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Snippets Blog Hop ~ March 10 (jlroeder.wordpress.com)
- Call for Chapters: More Library Mashups (web2learning.net)
- 9 APIs Used in 7 Days: Facebook, foursquare, and Twitter (programmableweb.com)
- It’s a Friday Mashup on a Sunday Stamp! (rhondalovesstamping.wordpress.com)