I’m going to make a declaration here, today. I’ve made it before, in a wishy-washy way.
Now, it’s time to state it, loud, proud, and without shame.
I write Star Trek fan fiction erotica.
Damned good Star Trek fan fiction erotica, too!
It’s not all I write, but it is vital to the worlds I have created, because my female antagonist was originally conceived to be the woman Spock deserved. As a Vulcan male intended to have a lifebond that is a rich telepathic connection, he needs a mate – a mate who can fascinate, accept, inspire, and challenge him, on many levels.
There is a lot of Star Trek erotica out there, and much of it seems to ignore character and canon simply to be lascivious.
That’s not what I write.
Characters matter, to me. Spock must be Spock, always. But there is so much more to him than is shown in the series and movies, so much that is left unsaid. So much passion that so often gets overlooked, so many possibilities not played with…
And so, I go there. And I’m done feeling apologetic about it.
I will be offering my Trueborn double series, both Warp and Weft, in the form of flash fiction pieces, throughout April, as my contribution to the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. These stories will be set in the childhoods of Spock and Niaan, when they first become aware of one another.
- I hope that people will read them, and give me feedback.
- I hope that claiming this part of my writing life wholly will free me in all parts of it….
- And I hope that I will, at the end of the month, have created beauty, and a fuller vision of these characters and the story they share…three stories in, I think I have made a good beginning.
What I write may become the basis of the first books in the Trueborn series. I’ve never written Spock’s childhood at length before, and I’ve been debating what to do with the handwritten and typed manuscripts for Niaan’s girlhood (the original WIP, Trueborn, to be renamed), since I don’t have it on the computer.
Now, I’m beginning to know…I will write these stories, and the revision will be richer and more textured. Those drafts will simmer with the new flash fiction, and become something new…
Yes, it will be some work, and likely a long process. That’s OK. When I’m done, I will have a revised original novel ready for beta readers – and a fanfic novel to share freely ….
Which is a lotta good!
My BIG TWO:
- I am happy to report that these are done and submitted. Three months now before the next quarter’s are due.
Goal attained! =)
- Completed raw word dump of my word cloud grokking.
- Connected with most of the remaining class members.
- On course to hit both targets.
- Have begun the small but gradual incorporation of some class and conference ideas into my social media.
Targets: Word cloud grokking submitted by Sunday, March 3.
Connect with all classmates by Sunday, March 10.
Other stuff :
Reading slowed while I completed the reports, but progressed. The need for input is easing, and I will likely be writing more, and reading less, within the next week or two.
- APE: (Author, Publisher, Entrepreneur) – 52%
- Wild Mind– 39% (will do exercises after reading through)
- Rivet Your Readers With Deep Point of View – (haven’t yet been back for exercises)
- Are You There Blog? It’s Me, Writer – 41% complete
- 250 Things You Should Know About Writing – 98% complete
- 2,000 to 10,000: How to Write faster, write better, and write more of what you love.– 28% complete
- Steering the Craft – page 26 of 173 (will do exercises as I read).
Queen of My Infinite Spaces –
- Nothing new written.
- I took a glimpse at the NaNoEdMo site. Since I plan to edit a poetry collection, I won’t officially register, although I will still focus on editing in March.
- Dedication and acknowledgments by March 1, which will give me a completed rough draft.
- Look into NaNoEdMo by February 28, and decide if I want to participate.
The second target is complete.
- Each day – exposition and fanfic (began A to Z posts and exposition).
Sponsor visits: I’m up to date on these.
- 72nd ROW80 Check-In
- Another Sunday Update: Approaching the Finish Line -Feb. 24
- True Confessions
- ROW80 – Lazy Sunday Check In 2/24/13
- The Imagery of Possibility went up on 2/25.
- I’ve received several positive comments, and two Tweets of this post.
- I’m feeling humbled and happy that it spoke to people, and a little shy about it, too….
- I’m going to, in small steps, be sharing this post myself, in several places, and doing more of this type of writing…
MY BIG ONE! =D
WANA 113 –
- Connect with remaining classmates
- Complete word cloud grokking and post.
- Dedication and early acknowledgments.
- Continue reading.
- Begin exercises in Steering.
- Work on action plans for blogging and noveling.
- Submit guest post and “something else” by month’s end….
- Beta read “Blow Me a Candy Kiss” and return with comments (aim for March 1).
- Adjustments and changes to blogs and social media will be gradual, but ongoing.
- Continue with A to Z posts (using 750 words).
- Sponsor visits.
Do you have any secret writing passions? =)
It’s a BLOG HOP!!!
- Leonard Nimoy – “Mr. Spock” Turns 80 (beanstalk-inc.com)
- Deep and Trustful Excavations, #ROW80 1/16/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Bounding Trust – #ROW80 Commentary, 1/27/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Trustful Blossoming: #ROW80 Update 1/23/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Intuitive Trust -#WANACon #ROW80 – February 24, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)